Finance Administration Manager
● The Chamber of Commerce is looking to grow its team to develop and deliver high quality, member-focused services
● Contract full-time position open to Vanuatu Citizens only
● Based in Port Vila
About the Chamber: The Vanuatu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) is Vanuatu’s National Private Sector organisation. Established in 1995 under the Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Vanuatu Act, the Vanuatu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) is a statutory body with a 16-member Council that represents Vanuatu’s private sector. All businesses with a valid Vanuatu business license are automatically VCCI members.
The Vanuatu Business Resilience Council (VBRC) is a standing committee of the Vanuatu Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) and was established in late 2017.
VCCI’s intention to become an organisation that makes a unique and significant contribution to the future of the country by representing the private sector in dialogue with Government and others, and by providing effective business development services across the country.
This job advertisement is being re-advertised. Previous applicants please do not re-apply.
VCCI is looking for a new Finance Manager to join our team!
This role is not just about financial management, it also includes management responsibilities of our small but dynamic Administration team. If you have experience in MYOB, managing budgets, and enjoy conducting data analysis, planning, strategizing, and advising your colleagues then this is the role for you.
Under the supervision of the General Manager, the Finance Administration Manager’s main responsibilities are:
Financial Management and Reporting:
• Collecting, interpreting, and reviewing financial information and reporting to the General Manager and Council;
• Producing financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses etc;
• Reviewing, monitoring, and managing budgets;
• Ensuring that internal accounting and finance operations comply with Vanuatu’s standards and donor obligations;
• Supervising the finance and accounting services staff;
• Monitoring submission of financial reports to donors to ensure that these are timely, complete, correct and appropriate;
• Responsible for updating the Finance and Administration Manual.
Contract and general Administration:
• Supervising administrative team and their operations;
• Developing, improving and implementing administrative policies;
• Ensuring the office is fully stocked with equipment and reordering when necessary;
• Planning, coordinating and supporting office meetings and functions;
• Assist the Adviser in meeting other contractual obligations to the donors when possible;
• Administrate insurance contracts of VCCI assets.
Essential Selection Criteria
► Minimum diploma in Accounting or Financial Management;
► 7 years’ experience, which at least five (5) years in a leadership role;
► Demonstrated skills in developing, managing and evaluating financial and administrative plans and policies;
► Experience working with government and donors;
► A thorough knowledge of and dexterity with accounting’s software and systems;
► Strong leadership abilities;
► Ability to work under pressure;
► Excellent inter-personal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels, including with external stakeholders;
► Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and Bislama and French an advantage;
► High ethics and a personal commitment to transparency and accountability;
► Adhere to VCCI’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
Desirable Selection Criteria
► Full accounting qualification will be a plus.
Please read the Job Description before applying.
Applications for this role must be submitted online using the link below.
Applications closed on Monday, 24 January 2022