● Fixed term position with an excellent work environment, remuneration includes attractive salary and bonus system.
● Contract full-time position open to Vanuatu Citizens and Residents
● Based in Port Vila
IPDS operates Lapetasi International Container Terminal (LICT) under a PPP with the Government of Vanuatu to provide all stevedoring and containers terminal activities and transport on the island of Efate.
The Engineering Superintendent Role:
• Directs, maintains and enforces the safety program; assist to review safety policies and procedures to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance personnel;
• Coordinates or installs, inspects, repairs and maintain mechanical engineering equipment;
• Supervises and assigns work to mechanical technicians;
• Inspects work for completeness;
• Responsible for the conduct of planned mechanical maintenance services, control of labour and the procurement of materials for unscheduled and emergency work;
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by his/her Manager;
• Maintain effective Health and Safety systems, including completion of risk assessments and SOP’s;
• Ensure housekeeping, productivity, and quality of work standards are maintained, most especially within the mechanical maintenance department.
Essential Selection Criteria
► Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent trade qualification from a recognized institution
► Valid medical certificate
► 5 years Mechanical Engineering experience preferably in the heavy transport industry
► Vanuatu Residency / Citizenship
Desirable Selection Criteria
► Experience in Auto electrics (distinct advantage)
► Strong computer skills such as Microsoft word/excel, database and computerised maintenance management (distinct advantage)
► Valid drivers license
Please read the Job Description before applying.
Applications for this role must be submitted online using the link:
Do NOT email your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications closed Sunday, 17 April 2022