Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Support Officer
● An exciting opportunity to provide technical support to the Vanuatu Australia Policing and Justice Program (VAPJP)
● Contract full-time position open to Vanuatu citizens only
● Based in Port Vila with travel to the islands
The Vanuatu Australia Policing and Justice Program (VAPJP) is a long-standing and integral part of Australia’s aid investments in Vanuatu, delivering policing and justice sector support. It has a hybrid modality and a joint management approach between Palladium, as Managing Contractor for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), and the Australian Federal Police (AFP). The current phase of the program will conclude on 31 December 2024.
The ICT Support Officer will provide effective and timely user support and technical assistance to the Vanuatu Australia Policing and Justice Program (VAPJP) and to Vanuatu Government counterparts.
This includes the following:
- provide effective desktop technical support to VAPJP users,
- effectively maintain VAPJP office networks;
- setup and support Virtual Conferences;
- provide Vanuatu Government counterparts with additional IT and communication support as requested.
Full-time contract until December 2023.
Essential Selection Criteria
► A year 12 education is essential and an accredited IT Qualification eg. Certificate, Diploma or Degree is preferred
► 3 years experience in similar role
► Experience in the installation, maintenance of PC hardware/ software & video conferencing equipment
► Thorough knowledge of basic computer/software operations and office software suites
► Ability to work effectively at an individual and team member
► Good communication skills
► Good time management and organisational skills
► Analytical and practical, task oriented, problem solver
► English and Bislama fluency essential; French desirable
Applications closed on Tuesday, 01 June 2021