● UNDP seeks to recruit suitably qualified Vanuatu nationals for the position of Programme Analyst with the Global Fund programme
● Contract full-time position
● Based in Port Vila
UNDP partners with people at all levels of society to help build nations that can withstand crisis, and drive and sustain the kind of growth that improves the quality of life for everyone. On the ground in 177 countries and territories, we offer global perspective and local insight to help empower lives and build resilient nations.
UNDP strives to support the Pacific by coordinating UN activities at country level and through direct policy advice in four key areas: Poverty Reduction and attainment of the MDGs, Strengthening Institutions of Democratic Governance, Crisis Prevention and Recovery and Sustainable Environmental Management. UNDP provides services to the Pacific through the UNDP Pacific Office in Fiji, Joint UN Presences in Federated States of Micronesia, Kiribati, Nauru, Marshall Islands, Palau, Tuvalu and Vanuatu, as well as projects in each of the 15 countries.
UNDP seeks to recruit suitably qualified Vanuatu nationals for the position of Programme Analyst with the Global Fund programme to be based in Port Villa, Vanuatu.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Programme Manager, the Programme Analyst is responsible for providing support to the overall management of the UNDP Global Fund HIV and TB programme components within the PMU. The Programme Analyst works in close collaboration with the programme PMU in the Pacific, Pacific Centre, Joint Operational Centre, UNDP Sub-Recipients (SRs) and other UN Agencies, Government officials, technical advisors and experts, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors and civil society to ensure successful implementation of the GF Multi-country programmes.
Summary of Key Functions
● Administration and implementation of programme strategies, adapts processes and procedures
● Effective coordination and management of the GF Multi-country programmes in respective PI countries
● Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Level: SB-4. Contract Type: Service Contract.
● Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
● Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
● Self-development, initiative-taking
● Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
● Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
● Creating synergies through self-control
● Managing conflict
● Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others - promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
● Informed and transparent decision making
Essential Selection Criteria
► Masters Degree in Public Health, Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political or Social Sciences or related field
► 3 to 5 years of experience at the national and international level in design and management of development projects in the field of HIV/TB and STI
► Experience of working with civil society and governmental partners
► Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages
► Experience in handling of web-based management systems
► Fluency in written and spoken English
Desirable Selection Criteria
► Knowledge of the GF Fund Program is highly desirable
► Knowledge of UN/UNDP policies and procedures is highly desirable
General Terms and Conditions of Employment
Various benefits including health insurance, pension, and annual/sick leave apply. Contract duration is 1 year initially with the possibility of an extension dependent on performance and availability of funds.
How to Apply
Applications closed on Monday, 03 May 2021.
Incomplete applications will not be considered and only candidates for whom there is further interest will be contacted.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.