Finance and Operations Manager
Applications close Monday, 26 September 2022
● Exciting opportunity to support Vanuatu Health Program
● Contract full-time position open to Vanuatu Citizens only
● Based in Port Vila
Improving health services is a shared objective of Vanuatu and Australia, and is important to the bilateral relationship. The high level political commitment of Government of Vanuatu to health as a priority is demonstrated in the National Sustainable Development Plan 2016-2030 (NSDP) which applies the Sustainable Development Goals at the country level and references a healthy population as one of its national priorities, and includes targets for gender equality and reduction of gender based violence.
The goal of the VHP is effective delivery of the health components of the NSDP and commitment to health services demanded at national, provincial and local levels by a healthy, secure and productive population. The end of program outcomes (EOPOs) are:
a. Ministry of Health senior staff lead continuous improvement and strengthened accountability of the Vanuatu health sector; and
b. Ministry of Health corporate services, public health and clinic services staff increase delivery of equitable, accessible and better-quality essential health services.
The Finance and Operations Manager is a senior position within VHP responsible for managing the finances and financial reporting of the program. The role implements the VHP operations manual and coordinates daily operations, efficient office administration, as well as human capital management, IT, and procurement. The Finance and Operations Manager reports to the Team Leader and oversees a small team based in Port Vila and Santo.
• Manage all aspects of program operations: establish and run administrative systems and processes related to planning and reporting, procurement, security, finance, ITC, asset management, logistics (including travel), fraud prevention and other safeguards compliance.
• In collaboration with the Team Leader, Program Facilitator, and DT Global, update the VHP operations manual and ensure the wider team understands and applies respective policies and procedures.
• Ensure that the financial operations of VHP are fully compliant and efficient including:
o Accounts management and reporting is complete, clear, timely, accurate and fit for purpose.
o Accurate and timely disbursement of funds.
o Timely checks and coordination of accrual accounts
o Timely and effective procurement and/or supply chain management and coordination.
o Timely and accurate upkeep of accounts in MYOB or relevant software.
o Timely payments to creditors, consultants, overseas purchases.
o Coordination of auditing - internal and external - is timely and complete.
o Preparation of accounts for internal and external auditors.
o Maintenance of an effective and complete Chart of Accounts.
• Ensure that financial administration is prudent and effective, including:
o Management of the program budget in consultation with the VHP management team and DT Global corporate staff
o Providing effective and timely finance support to assist VHP team members to manage their activities efficiently.
o Verifying forecast expenditure for new activities.
• Maintaining accountable and efficient procurement processes
• Maintenance of office equipment and maintaining an asset register.
• Ensuring a clean and safe office environment maintained.
• Ensuring safe and well-maintained VHP vehicles.
• Assist with program reporting and planning – this includes use of problem driven iterative approach and contribution to Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) activities and reporting.
• Ensure the program complies with Australian Occupational Health and Safety standards and provides an international standard of office accommodation.
• Foster a culturally sensitive and inclusive workplace culture through promotion of DFAT safeguards policies.
• Provide administrative support using sound judgement, initiative, confidentiality and sensitivity.
• Other duties as deemed necessary by the Team Leader.
Essential Selection Criteria
► Degree in Public Administration and Management, Finance or Accounting
► Minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience in the areas of finance, operations, and contract management, with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role.
► Experience overseeing finance, logistics and administration for DFAT or other donor programs.
► Excellent working knowledge of and experience with MYOB and other accounting software packages.
► Demonstrated working knowledge of the development sector and familiarity with donor reporting (DFAT).
Desirable Selection Criteria
► Experience in HR administration would be desirable.
► Excellent teamwork and negotiating skills, complemented by high order written and verbal communication skills in English and Bislama.
► Highly developed interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to manage relationships with senior-level stakeholders, particularly in cross-cultural environments.
► Understanding of and commitment to the principles of Gender Equality, Disability, and Social Inclusion (GEDSI) in the health sector.
Applications for this role must be submitted online using the link below.
Do NOT email your application.
Applications close Monday, 26 September 2022