Biosecurity Coconut Rhinoceros Beetle Coordinator
● An exciting opportunity to be employed by Biosecurity Vanuatu, and work closely with National Disaster Management Office (NDMO)
● Contract full-time position open to Vanuatu Citizens only
● Based in Port Vila with travel to the islands
The CRB Coordinator will be employed by Biosecurity Vanuatu, and work closely with National Disaster Management Office (NDMO) and other departments under the Ministry for Agriculture, Livestock, Forestry, Fisheries and Biosecurity (MALFFB).
The CRB Coordinator will be involved in the following tasks:
• Work with Plant Health officers of the Department of Biosecurity in coordinating CRB activities, including developing management plans to eradicate, contain and manage CRB.
• Work with Plant Health officers of the Department of Biosecurity to deliver the CRB management plans to eradicate and stop the establishment and spread of the pest outside of the current location.
• Provide regular updates to MALFFB executive.
• The CRB Coordinator will collate monitoring and reporting for project activities including field data and progress on the following:
o Number of adult beetles and grubs collected
o Coordination of traps, new breeding sites and incursion boundaries
o Updated maps
o Virus and fungus field inoculation progress
Essential Selection Criteria
► A bachelor’s degree or diploma in Plant Protection or Agriculture or any related field, or at least 3 years’ experience in project management or field operations
► Sufficient and demonstrated understanding of the development of standard operational systems
► Knowledge of the CRB outbreak, with effective know how and skills to manage casual contractor teams and necessary equipment to deliver action plans
► Experience in field operations, preferably biosecurity or agriculture
► Existing good working relationships, or demonstrated ability to quickly acquire good working relationships, with key stakeholders in Vanuatu government agencies and the coconut and palm oil industries
Desirable Selection Criteria
► Demonstrated capacity to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders in local, national and international forums
► Strong organisational skills and ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups to develop clear workplans and implement management activities
► An autonomous and self-motivating approach to work
Please read the Job Description before applying.
Applications for this role must be submitted online using the link below.
Do NOT email your application.
Applications closed Sunday, 19 June 2022