ACCOUNTANT - Santo or Port Vila
● Join the team “Making life Easy" by providing quality products at competitive prices for all of Vanuatu
● Permanent full-time position open to Vanuatu citizens and residents
● Flexible location - can be based in Port Vila or Santo, with occasional travel between
Our Company objective is to provide quality products at competitive prices for all of Vanuatu, “Making life Easy” for our customers and ourselves, to bring together and build a team of smart individuals to do this.
The successful applicant will be committed to making a positive contribution to our company and communities we deal with both now and in the future. Be a problem solver and positive thinker.
This position can either be based in Santo or Port Vila, however must be willing and able to travel to other location as need. Must be able to effectively communicate with office managers and staff on other location in order to complete duties.
• Monthly Bank reconciliations in MYOB
• Monthly stock reconciliation in MYOB
• Preparation of worksheets for Balance Sheet items
• Processing wages in MYOB fortnightly
• Controlling expenditure & cashflow
• Monitoring of Debtors, ensuring accuracy of monthly customer statements
• Creditors, ensuring accuracy of monthly reports for payment signoff
• Monitoring of office staff for data entry accuracy and filing responsibilities
• Monthly presentation of KPIs
• Analysis and interpretation of monthly financial reports
• Cost & margin calculation and entering of overseas stock purchases.
• Working with office staff for stock monitoring and efficient ordering both national and international
• Stock system management, ability of maintain POS system for stocktaking, control and accurate costings.
Essential Selection Criteria
► Previous experience in chartered accountant office or sole responsibility of above duties in a med – large business.
► Curious and analytical mind.
► Ability to assist and train other staff members for transparency and accuracy of financial information.
► Ability to effectively present and explain monthly reports to owners.
► Trustworthy in handling cash.
► Discretion with information, products, suppliers, customers, staff, owners.
► Must be able to effectively communicate with office managers and staff on other location in order to complete duties.
► Experience handling the key responsibilities for the role.
► Must be a problem solver and positive thinker.
More information about Paradise Group:
Paradise Meats is a butcher shop and beef processing facility based in Santo. We employ 15 staff and supply Santo, Port Vila and some outer island with beef & pork products. All our raw product is locally sourced. We starting operating in 2014.
Paradise Petroleum has 3 fuel stations (2 Santo, 1 Vila). We employ 68 staff (34 Santo, 33 Vila). We sell fuel (local), tyres (imported), small goods. We starting operating in 2013.
Paradise Gas falls under Paradise Petroleum and has 2 main depots (Santo & Port Vila) and will be expanding through Port Vila with top up stations and depots on Malakula & Tanna in the very near future. We import LPG gas for retail. We have recently starting importing small gas products, stoves etc.
Applications closed on Sunday, 11 July 2021